Volunteer for Rocket Dog Rescue
As an all-volunteer organization, Rocket Dog Rescue is truly the definition of grassroots activism. We have no paid staff, consultants or expensive office space. We depend completely on caring members of the community to achieve our goal of saving animals at the speed of light.
YOUR involvement is the key to our ongoing success. You can help fulfill Rocket Dog Rescue’s mission of a truly no-kill community for homeless and abandoned dogs in the bay area.
Topics vary. Some topics discussed include:
- DOG HANDLING AT EVENTS: How to handle a dog at an adoption event
- PEOPLE HANDLING: How to effectively support a foster dog towards adoption
- FOSTERING: New foster provider training, Foster Liaison information
- ADOPTIONS: The steps to placing a dog in a forever-home
- EVENTS: Planning events for raising funds
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: What would you like to know about RDR?
- VETERINARY CARE: Providing care for post-surgical dogs
- SPECIAL NEEDS FOSTERS: Fostering behaviorally or physically challenged dogs
- POSTING FOR ROCKET DOG: Computer-web-internet issues
- TRANSPORTATION VOLUNTEERS: Getting dogs there and back again
Trainings start at 11 am and end with helping to set up the Adoption Event in the front of Pet Food Express. They are short, informative, and helpful!
Requires the unique ability to work well with both animals and humans representing RDR and promoting our Rd’s at neighborhood mobile adoptions and community outreach events.
Requirements: volunteers under 18 yrs. old must have written parental permission.
The more people who are willing to open their homes and hearts to a Rocket Dog for fostering, the more dogs we can save. It’s that simple. Because we don’t have a facility to house the dogs post rescue, Rocket Dog depends on generous members of the community to let these dogs crash on their couch and to help them adjust to a new life of love, comfort and support. Please help us save more dogs by learning more about Fostering a Dog.
We are always in need of help transporting our Rocket Dogs to vet appointments, grooming, or mobile adoption events.
Requirements: Must be at least 18 years old and be fully insured.
As a grassroots organization community support is the backbone to our success. You can represent RDR in your neighborhood or in your workplace by displaying our adoption posters on company bulletin boards, in neighborhood coffee shops, pet stores and community centers.
See our adoption page to print posters or contact us and we’d be glad to mail them out to you right away.