Coz is a ~6 year old mixed breed. (Our best guess is lab/basenji.) His white and champagne fur is both thick and very soft. He’s a medium-sized dog, weighing a lean 30-35 lbs.
Coz had some basic training before he was surrendered by his owners who were moving out of the area. He knows sit, down and shake. He is housebroken and crate trained. Coz is a nervous dog when he is unsure of his surroundings. For this reason, he would do best in a quiet home with no children.
Coz likes to snuggle with you wherever you are seated. When he gets hungry, he’ll quietly lean against your legs or lie on top of your feet to ask for his meal. Coz loves to be in the same room as his people, and will watch you quietly as you go about house work.
Coz can be very uncertain when meeting new people, but warms up quickly if they initially just ignore him. Once comfortable, Coz is playful with people. He especially likes to play “tag” and will try to get you to start chasing him. Out in the yard he loves running laps with you joining in.
Coz needs experienced owners, as he has a few behaviors that need to be managed with training. Coz is easily startled if touched by surprise, or if he feels it is too forceful. Treats, approaching him head on, and using a gentle manner works well with Coz. Coz is snuggly, and when feeling comfortable socially he loves being pet and rubbed. Coz can also be protective of his food or toys.
Coz is a handsome and fun little dude who is 90% a gentleman and needs help with the remaining 10%. With experienced owners, and Coz’s demonstrated trainability, he will become a loyal, snuggly and playful companion. Please fill out an application to meet Coz. (MM)
Coz would love a temporary foster home where he can have some time and space to “chill” before going to his forever home.