Australian Shepherd Puppies
4 female purebred aussie puppies. They are 8 weeks old and ready to go to forever homes, individually. We do not adopt out siblings at this age, so please do not ask.
These girls are very sweet and playful. Please do your research on Australian Shepherds before applying. These dogs are an extremely intelligent, high energy, herding breed who, when fully grown, will need at least 2-3 hrs of strenuous exercise a day as well as plenty of mental stimulation.
Requirements to adopt:
- Active lifestyle: ability to provide your dog with 2-3 hours of exercise a day when it’s fully grown (backyard time does not count)
- Understanding of herding breed puppies: Australian shepherd puppies are notorious for trying to herd anything that moves. This means they will chase after and try to nip the ankles of running children, cats, other dogs, you name it.
- Commitment to training and socialization: Puppies are a massive commitment and it’s essential they receive proper training and socialization from an early age. Please do your research into what this entails
- At least one adult home full time: young puppies can not be left alone for long periods of time. This is their bonding, training, and socialization period.
- Herding breed experience is a plus!
- We expect them to be about 50 pounds at mature weight, though this is not a guarantee.
Fill out an application if you believe you’re household is a great match, and a volunteer will contact you. (LH)